A cooking class held in a private home in Sorrento.
To delve deep into the local culture, there’s nothing quite like cooking in someone’s home.
Guests meet their local cook at the outdoor food market, where they can source ingredients for their hands-on cooking lesson. After chatting with the local vendors and picking up ingredients for the recipes, our local cook takes guests back to the kitchen for a private cooking lesson.
Guests are welcomed by their host with a coffee before tying on aprons to start their special cooking lesson at the chef’s home, one of Sorrento’s most breathtaking locations.
Menus are based on family recipes, traditional Southern Italian cuisine, and local Sorrento specialties.
Cooking class students can experience a “hands-on” approach or they can just watch, if preferred. Special pizza classes can also be arranged.
Our cooking class gives food lovers the chance to prepare and eat a traditional Sorrentino meal in their cook’s home, and enjoy a full lunch at the end of the class.
What you'll experience
- There are snacks and sparkling wine for everyone throughout the lesson, and classes culminate with a full meal.
- The recipes prepared together and enjoyed at the end of the class span classic Neapolitan/Sorrento dishes like cianfotta, melanzane a funghetto, ragù, pasta al limone, as well as introduce participants to the cooking of seasonal vegetables like tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and other typically local produce, plus entrées like braciole, acqua pazza, and of course dessert.
Key Points to Consider
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at the market.
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 4.5-5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this class is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia has made my time in Italy so much more interesting than I ever thought it could be. They are reasonably priced considering the quality of services they offer and modify outings to match their clients needs and interests.Cherrie_1715USA