A professionally led cooking class in Parma.
To delve deep into the local culture, there’s nothing quite like cooking with a local.
An evening full of cooking and tasting introduces food lovers to the famous gastronomic culture of the Parma region, and of Italy.
Our expert chef guides visitors through a pasta making tutorial, the creation of a main course, side dishes, and dessert. Cooking class students can experience a “hands-on” approach or they can just watch, if preferred. There are snacks and wine for everyone throughout the lesson.
Once the cooking is complete, guests enjoy a typical Italian aperitivo followed by a leisurely meal around the table or in the garden, enjoying the dishes prepared together.
What you'll be cooking
- The evening includes a hands-on cooking class, an Italian aperitivo followed by a four course menu and selection of wines from local producers.
- The menu changes seasonally and ingredients are always fresh and local.
- Recipes span classic Parma cuisine, and may include torta fritta (fried dough) served with cured meats, tortelli d’erbetta (ravioli stuffed with greens), slow cooked stewed meats and spongata, a cake typical of the Parma lowlands made with honey, walnuts, pine nuts, raisins and candied fruit.
- Regional wines are generously poured during the meal.
Key Points to Consider
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 4 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 4:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia far exceeded our expectations. They immediately responded to our questions and set up everything perfectly. When the tours were over, we all felt we were saying goodbye to old friends. We highly recommend them and definitely plan to use them for our future trips to Italy.volkllUSA