A privately curated meal in the company of a local food expert.
Enjoy a lunch or dinner in a local trattoria in the company of a local food expert who can answer any questions and chat about eating well in La Grassa.
Food is a major aspect of Italian life and eating out is a cultural expression of that lifestyle. This is an experience not to be taken lightly. Italians are proud of their cuisine, and it’s important to understand the dining culture when eating al ristorante in order to make the best of the experience.
Bologna is the capital and largest city in the Emilia-Romagna region and truly one of Italy’s most exquisite and diverse destinations. Home to the oldest and continually operating university in the western world, Bologna possess the charm of a university town with deep historical significance.
The cuisine of Bologna is deeply rooted in tradition and authenticity; bolognese, tortellini, lasagna, mortadella to name a few.
Due to its educational prowess, gastronomic delights, and political history, Bologna has received the nicknames La Dotta, (the learned), La Grassa, (the fat), and La Rossa (the red, for its socialist inclination).
Learning about the local culinary tradition and eating out in Italy is essential to make the most out of your travels. There’s no better way to do it than sitting at the table with a local.
What you'll experience
- Our local dining experiences always take place in trusted restaurants in the company of a local food expert, enjoying traditional regional dishes paired with wine.
- The menu changes depending on the season and personal taste.
- A typical lunch includes antipasti, pasta, a main course, dessert, coffee and wine.
- Dishes may feature appetizers like friggione (onion and tomato dip) and torta fritta (fried dough) served with cured meats, pastas like tortellini and main courses such as stracotto or cotechino.
- On the menu there is no shortage of seasonal side dishes.
- Wine pairings may feature bottles from small organic and biodynamic Italian wine makers.
Key Points to Consider
- Custom menus for special occasions can be designed in advance.
- Special bottles of wine, like Franciacorta, Amarone or Barolo, can be requested for an additional cost
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions
The length of the experience is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this experience is 12:30 pm or 7:30 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia far exceeded our expectations. They immediately responded to our questions and set up everything perfectly. When the tours were over, we all felt we were saying goodbye to old friends. We highly recommend them and definitely plan to use them for our future trips to Italy.volkllUSA