A day trip in the Parma countryside, visiting producers, tasting iconic regional foods.
Savory, salty, acidic, and sweet, this tour is filled with gastronomic experiences of local flavor produced with time-honored traditions.
Emilia-Romagna is home to more origin protected food than any other region in Italy. Think Parmigiano Reggiano, Balsamic Vinegar, and various other cured pork meats.
Local producers work with great pride to honor and preserve these traditions which are specific and innate to this region. It is with great warmth that they welcome travellers to experience their world.
Flavor is deeply rooted in history and there is a profound respect for the time needed for these flavors to emerge.
Food lovers start the day at a local dairy with a guided tour to look in depth at the steps followed to create Parmigiano Reggiano. After tasting the cheese of various ages, guests are off to the Parma Hills to delight in a visit to a Parma Ham producer where their expert guide speaks of the process while samples are devoured!
After spending the morning tasting these national treasures, guests spend a relaxing lunch the Italian way with traditional cured meats, pasta fresca, and local desserts. Lunch is followed by time focused on the architecture and culture of the area as the tour continues on to experience Balsamic Vinegar at a local producer.
What you'll be tasting
- Guests begin the day by waking up their taste buds with the iconic Parmigiano Reggiano only to be followed by the silky smooth flavors of Parma Ham and the robust twang of aged Balsamic vinegar.
- Throughout the day guests are welcomed into family owned operations where a strong understanding and appreciation of the devotion and time which comes across in every tasty morsel is gained.
- After spending the morning tasting these national treasures, guests spend a relaxing lunch the Italian way with traditional cured meats, pasta fresca, and local desserts.
- Lunch is followed by time focused on the architecture and culture of the area as the tour continues on to experience Balsamic Vinegar at a local producer.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 6.5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 9:00 am
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia far exceeded our expectations. They immediately responded to our questions and set up everything perfectly. When the tours were over, we all felt we were saying goodbye to old friends. We highly recommend them and definitely plan to use them for our future trips to Italy.volkllUSA