A city orientation walk with food tastings.
Join our expert guide through the magical streets of Parma to see the major sites, understand the rich history, and taste the representative foods of this beautiful city.
The city of Parma welcomes its visitors wholeheartedly as its expansive history offers much to experience. The harmonious existence of architecture that transcends the various styles of the past twelve centuries, much of which exists today as it did when originally built, truly sets Parma apart from other cities.
In 2016, UNESCO designated the city of Parma as a Creative City for Gastronomy.
Parma was also recently named Europe’s Capital of Culture for 2020.
Although its notoriety may be increasing, this region holds firm to its authentic nature and delivers a thoughtful and delicious experience to remember.
Our privately guided city orientation tour stops along many of these national treasures including, Parma’s Duomo which is home to a spectacular array of artwork. Adjacent to the Duomo is the Baptistry, which stands majestic in its pink marble and rightfully so as it is one of the most important monuments in all of Europe beautifully marking the transition from Romanesque to Gothic architecture.
On this walking tour guests visit the Farnese theatre and Regio theater (if available) which both illustrate Parma’s strong devotion to the arts. In Garibaldi Square guests experience the day-to-day life of Parma while soaking up the sights, sounds, and tastes.
What you'll experience
- During this privately guided orientation around Parma, food lovers are immersed in the local art and culture, which of course also includes delicious food.
- Guests taste an assortment of cured meats like salami and Parma ham, the king of cheese: Parmigiano Reggiano, two types of local stuffed pasta, plus typical cake, gelato and wine.
- This tour focuses on the must see landmarks of Parma, however it can be catered to your particular interests as well.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am or 5:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia far exceeded our expectations. They immediately responded to our questions and set up everything perfectly. When the tours were over, we all felt we were saying goodbye to old friends. We highly recommend them and definitely plan to use them for our future trips to Italy.volkllUSA