A professionally led cooking class held in a private home.
The Mount Etna area is famous for its volcanic eruptions and some of the finest wines in the country. We have created an experience that leads guests off of the winding mountain roads and into the home of a local for a hands-on cooking lesson and lunch.
This cooking adventure takes place in the private home of our Casa Mia host. The seasons, weather, and the availability of products determine what will be made in the cooking class that day.
Guests are welcomed into the elegant warmth of our host’s home and immediately feel like they are visiting long lost Italian relatives.
After a welcome introduction, the daily menu is discussed before guests tie on their aprons and get cooking. Dishes prepared belong to both the classic Sicilian cuisine of Catania and Mount Etna as well as special recipes from our cook’s family.
The class prepares a multi-course seasonal meal together. In the afternoon, guests take a seat around a table in the host’s dining room to enjoy an aperitivo and lunch together. Local bread, extra virgin olive oil, and perfectly paired wines accompany the meal with conversation.
- To delve deep into the local culture, there’s nothing quite like cooking in someone’s home. When this happens at the foot of the UNESCO World Heritage Site that is Mt Etna, the experience is truly unique.
- Recipes may include saffron arancini, scaccia (rustic pie) filled with wild greens, fresh pasta, delicate meatballs cooked with lemon leaves, foraged mushrooms, local sausage, tomato or citrus salads, and of course ending with a sweet ricotta-filled treat.
Key Points to Consider
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
3 hours from the meeting point
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA