A professionally led cooking lesson taught by a local chef.
On the furthermost western point of the island, Marsala is known for its warm African winds and a long history of fortified winemaking.
This less touristic Sicilian town is home to heavy hitter wineries like Donnafugata, Marco de Bartoli, Vini Barraco and Cantine Florio.
In the historic center of the city, guests meet our chef for a morning visit to the outdoor food market to source ingredients for this hands-on cooking lesson.
After picking up qualeddu––a foraged green only found in this area––wild fennel, freshly caught fish, red shrimp from Mazara del Vallo, or seafood, our local chef takes guests back to the restaurant for a private cooking lesson.
Guests are welcomed with a coffee before tying on aprons to start their special lesson in a newly renovated restaurant kitchen in the heart of beautiful Marsala.
Menus are based on family recipes, traditional Sicilian cuisine, and local specialties. Lunch in the sunny piazza includes local bread, Castelvetrano olives and extra virgin olive oil along side of the food created together in the lesson. Meals are paired with traditional Marsala, Catarratto, or Grillo wines.
- Get an introduction into the world of the food and wine of Marsala with a certified sommelier and our Casa Mia selected chef.
- The day starts at the market, picking up ingredients for the cooking lesson.
- Menus are seasonal and feature three local Sicilian dishes, and may include fresh red mullet, pasta con le sarde in bianco, sweet-and-sour eggplant caponata, couscous, or a very special vegetarian “meatball” recipe made with bread and Parmigiano and cooked in a rich tomato sauce.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at the market.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen.
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA