A professionally led cooking class held in a family-owned winery.
The Val di Noto, a special UNESCO world heritage site comprised of eight towns, is renowned for sensational late Baroque architecture and a deep-rooted food culture. Just outside the hilltop towns is a lush countryside distinguished for its fertile land, superb local cuisine and spectacular wines.
Imagine spending a day visiting a Sicilian winery – walking through the vineyard rows, exploring the cellar, learning about and tasting the wines – and then having the rare opportunity of cooking in the estate’s kitchen.
Our intimate and exclusive experience welcomes wine lovers into the kitchen of an esteemed vineyard located outside Ragusa Ibla, deep in the area’s lush wine country, for a hands-on cooking lesson with a home cook or trained chef.
Dishes vary seasonally and may include the local pizza style called sficione, peppers stuffed with anchovies and oven roasted olives, pasta with seasonal vegetables and sausages sauteed in Nero d’Avola red wine. There are snacks and wine for everyone throughout the lesson.
Concluding the experience, everyone sits down together at the family table: the dishes prepared together, paired to the winery’s vintages, are enjoyed in a convivial lunch, in typical Sicilian family style.
- This full-day activity takes guests to one of the area’s pre-eminent wineries, at the end of the privately guided vineyard tour guests take part in a hands-on cooking lesson in the estate kitchen.
- Menus are seasonal and employ the area’s and the farm’s own produce.
- After the hands-on the lesson, guests enjoy the dishes they created paired with the vineyard’s own wines.
- There will be time for relaxed conversation, discussing the winemaking process and getting a first hand account the vineyard’s history and unique characteristics.
- If you have specific menu requests, please inform us upon booking.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation to the winery can be arranged upon request.
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- This lesson can be offered at lunch or dinner time, depending on guests’ travel schedules.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
This is a full day experience (8 hours).
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. We knew it was a last minute request but took a shot anyway. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA