A professionally led cooking class held in a private home in Modica, Sicily.
The best way to learn about a region’s cuisine is to get into the kitchen and have a hands-on cooking lesson with a local. In Modica, we offer a very special Casa Mia experience in the heart of southeast Sicily.
The stunning baroque town of Modica is not only one of Italy’s UNESCO Heritage Sites, it is a cultural hub for cuisine, literature, art and architecture.
Just steps above the main street in baroque Modica is a bright open kitchen waiting to be filled with delicious aromas of regional rolled and folded “pizzas” like scaccia or tomasini, fresh ravioli with marjoram and ricotta, quaresimali almond biscotti, or cannoli speckled with Modica’s world famous chocolate.
Casual fun cooking classes are taught in English with a knowledgeable local cook who makes guests feel at home in her kitchen.
- Guests are welcomed with a glass of wine or coffee on the terrace overlooking the old city of Modica.
- The cooking lesson ends with a 4-course meal paired with Sicilian wine, and can be offered at lunch or dinner time, depending on guests’ travel schedules.
- Custom menus for special occasions can be designed in advance.
Key Points to Consider
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at the market.
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA