A professionally led private wine tasting in Rome.
Each Italian wine region has its own character. And with so many variables, often it can be daunting to choose the best Italian wine.
Our Vino 101 wine tasting experience in Rome, set in one or several acclaimed wine bars, allows wine lovers to sip, acquire and discuss the elements of food and wine pairings.
A certified sommelier provides guests with an overview of the history of winemaking and the basics of production, from grape harvest to bottling, and highlight the characteristics of each grape variety, region and wine producer.
In pairing a selection of several wines with appetizers, guests have a chance to explore the local area of Lazio (the region of which Rome is the capital) or sample wines from other regions.
By the end of the night, participants are able to describe their ideal wine, select it, and tackle an Italian wine list!
What you'll be tasting
- Our Vino 101 wine tasting is led by a certified sommelier and includes a tasting of 5 to 6 wines, and appetizers like olives, cheese and cured meats.
- We can adjust the wine tasting depending on the level of our guests’ wine knowledge.
- We’re happy to take custom requests should participants be interested in exploring wines of a specific region, or have a preference towards all reds, all whites, a particular grape, etc., designing the wine tasting accordingly.
- Special requests for important bottles such as Amarone, Barolo or Franciacorta can be furthermore arranged for an additional cost.
Key Points to Consider
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tasting is 2.5-3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this experience is 5:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA