A dessert baking lesson in Ortigia.
The best way to learn about a culture is through its food. Have you ever dreamed of making your own Sicilian desserts such as cassata, cannoli, buccellati, and more?
Just across the bridge from the city of Siracusa lies Sicily’s little southern gem: the island of Ortigia. The architecture in Piazza del Duomo, the charming narrow streets, the city’s rich Greek history and hidden artwork are not to be missed.
In the spectacular setting of our Ortigia kitchen, our Sicilian cook teaches students how to achieve professional level pastry dough; shares tips on the best fresh local ingredients used in typical Sicilian sweets, like for example fresh sheep’s milk ricotta, chocolate from Modica, almonds from Avola and pistachios from Bronte, plus the best baking techniques that can be easily replicated at home.
- Learn to cook classic Sicilian sweets, a craft that dates back centuries.
- At the end of our dolci Siciliani class, guests and their chef enjoy a convivial merenda (afternoon snack) together, savoring the typical Sicilian desserts prepared together, along with coffee, tea and other refreshments.
Key Points to Consider
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Thislesson can be offered at lunch or dinner time, depending on guests’ travel schedules.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA