A day trip in the hills above Sorrento, visiting a cheese farm.
High above the rocky Sorrento coastline, we are given the chance to visit an Italian working organic farm, tasting the products and learning the ancient art of hand-stretched mozzarella cheese.
This half-day experience begins in the small square of a tiny village near Sorrento, where our trusted farm owner walks guests to his ancient lemon groves, for a tour of the citrus trees followed by a tasting of freshly squeezed lemonade, and marmalades made from the fruits of his trees.
After a walk through the ancient olive grove, food lovers taste the olive oils produced on the farm and learn to make limoncello from scratch.
The fun continues on board chauffeured Ape Calessino vespas which seat 2-3 people. The ride is 3 minutes long and is very safe. Buzzing through narrow alleys guests reach the next destination: an organic cattle farm high in the hills above the sea.
The gorgeous Agerolese breed cows feed on local pastures which are GMO-free and certified organic. After meeting the “ladies” in the stable, guests proceed to the family creamery for a live mozzarella making demonstration, learning how the morning milk is transformed thanks to an age old technique of stretching the curds into fresh homemade “fior di latte” mozzarella.
This unique moment is followed by a light lunch at the farm.
At the end of the experience, a short Calessino ride brings guests back to the village square for the return trip.
What you'll experience
- This is an authentic and off-the-beaten-path adventure.
- Lunch at the farm features products like fresh “fior di latte” made before your very eyes, two hour-old ricotta, caciottina and other typical aged cheeses like Provolone del Monaco, paired with a glass of local wine and homemade dessert.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation to the farm can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable non-slip walking shoes are recommended.
- Note: some parts of the property may be muddy after rainfall.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up cheese at the creamery.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the experience is 4 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this experience is 9:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia has made my time in Italy so much more interesting than I ever thought it could be. They are reasonably priced considering the quality of services they offer and modify outings to match their clients needs and interests.Cherrie_1715USA