A day trip to the island of Capri.
Only 30 minutes from Sorrento or Positano; just under an hour from Amalfi, and 1 to 2 hours from Naples (depending on the choice of vessel), the island of Capri is among the best-known and most magnificent sights in Italy.
Capri’s magnificent beauty has attracted the rich and famous for 2,000 years, from Roman emperors to modern Hollywood celebrities, and many others in between.
It’s hard to imagine any place on this planet more stunning than Capri.
Met at the jetty of their ferry or hydrofoil by their local guide, guests are whisked away to explore the island and its secrets, including Anacapri, the quieter eastern town on the island. Yes, the island of Capri has two towns! These are Capri and Anacapri. Anacapri is located on the slopes of Mount Solaro at a higher elevation than Capri proper.
A walk around the center of Anacapri will take guests past small Neapolitan artisans, tailors, ladies sitting in the shade outside, knitting or chatting, and the scent of lemons in the air.
As part of their island exploration, guests also visit the beautiful mansion-turned-museum with stunning views of Capri: Villa San Michele, home to a gorgeous collection of Roman, Etruscan and Egyptian artifacts.
Riding the chairlift up to the highest point on the island, Monte Solaro, is a highlight of this Capri exploration. The thrilling ride up and back down on individual chairs offers 360-degree views of the island. This moment is then followed by lunch, either at a rustic trattoria, or, upon request, at a Michelin-star restaurant.
Before bidding arrivederci, guests can also factor in time on their own: a walk down Via Camerelle for some retail therapy; enjoy granita di limone or a cocktail in the Piazzetta; take pictures of the Faraglioni or Via Krupp snaking toward the sea from the terrace of the Garden of Augustus.
What you'll experience
- Get a close-up look at the Faraglioni from the Garden of Augustus.
- Take the best selfie video on the chairlift up to Mount Solaro.
- Sip Spritz in the Piazzetta, served like a movie star by waiters in white tuxedos.
- Admire a 1200BC sculpture in a private mansion-turned-museum.
- Enjoy lunch in a rustic trattoria; or at a Michelin-star restaurant located above the Blue Grotto.
- Tours are led by licensed guides only.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable non-slip walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats and souvenirs.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
This is a full day tour (6 hours).
Suggested start time for this experience is 10:00 on the island
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia has made my time in Italy so much more interesting than I ever thought it could be. They are reasonably priced considering the quality of services they offer and modify outings to match their clients needs and interests.Cherrie_1715USA