A guided hike along a stunning mountain path and a picnic.
Safe and secure in the company of our articulate, Positanese historian guide, guests hike to off-the-beaten-path places learning about local wildlife and legends.
Up high above the jewel town of Positano is a magical trail aptly named the “Path of the Gods”. In the company of our expert local mountain guide, and wearing good grippy hiking shoes to navigate the rocks and gravel, guests make their way along one of the world’s most beautiful panoramic hikes.
Guests and guide walk along old goat paths and donkey trails used by the mountain people before roads were built (only 20 years ago) to give easier access to the popular coastal areas.
The trail connects Agerola to Nocelle, a tiny, relatively isolated mountain village located 400 meters above Positano.
Overlooking terraced olive groves and vertical vineyards, with views of the Amalfi Coast villages, and white boat wakes in the sea below, the spectacle from up here is nothing short of rewarding, breathtaking and unforgettable.
This fascinating scenery is furthermore one of the best places in the world to enjoy a picnic.
What you'll experience
- Guests hike along the Path of the Gods above the jewel town of Positano, learning about local wildlife and local legends.
- As a reward, the hike ends with a picnic of vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh basil, fior di latte cheese, goat cheese and provolone, bread, cured meats, olives, fruit and other fresh seasonal treats, which are packed and enjoyed together at a special outlook spot, with only the sound of birds chirping and light winds blowing high above the rocky Amalfi Coast.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation to the meeting point can be arranged upon request.
- The “early bird” start time offers the bonus opportunity of visiting a creamery and buying fresh mozzarella for the picnic.
- Good hiking or at least running shoes (with proper grip soles) are required. Sandals, ballerina flats, sneakers, moccasins and any kind of slippery sole shoes are strictly forbidden.
- Children, adults and elderly participants intending to hike should be fit.
- The hike can be customized and made shorter for people who are less in shape.
- The hike is not for everyone: it is suitable for moderate/high level hikers.
- The hike is not suitable for people with hip, leg and knee problems, heart conditions, multiple sclerosis, or any other mobility issues, balance disorders or fear of heights.
- The trail has parts with unprotected cliffs, loose rocks, steep steps, and in some parts is only 60-80 cm (24-32 inches) wide.
- This is a very popular hike, in high season there can be as many as 300-400 people on the trail.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the experience is 4 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this experience is 9:00 am.
Early bird start is 7:00 am
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia has made my time in Italy so much more interesting than I ever thought it could be. They are reasonably priced considering the quality of services they offer and modify outings to match their clients needs and interests.Cherrie_1715USA