A professionally led cooking class with market visit in Florence.
To delve deep into the local culture, there’s nothing quite like cooking with a local.
For a full immersion into the daily life of Florence, guests meet their chef at the outdoor food market, where they can source seasonal ingredients for their hands-on Tuscan cooking lesson.
After chatting with the local vendors and picking up ingredients for the recipes, our local chef takes guests back to the kitchen for a private cooking lesson.
Cooking class students can experience a “hands-on” approach or they can just watch, if preferred. There are snacks and wine for everyone throughout the lesson, and classes culminate with a full meal. The menu changes seasonally and includes an appetizer, main courses, dessert, and local wine.
What you'll be cooking
- Learn hands on about the regional cuisine of Tuscany with a focus on Florentine specialities like ribollita (soup made with cannellini beans and Tuscan kale), peposo (pepper beef stew) or salsicce e fagioli all’uccelletto (borlotti and sausage braised with tomato and sage).
- After creating the meal together, guests relax and enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Key Points to Consider
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at the market.
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the experience is 3.5 – 4 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this class is 9:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
This will be the best decision you make for your vacation! Everything was so easy to schedule, and Casa Mia planned every detail to cater to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and it was the most magical day of all time.Kolene11USA