A day trip in the Tuscan countryside, visiting wineries, tasting wines.
The best way to taste and understand wine is from the source. Our guided vineyard discovery takes wine lovers away from the city on a beautiful drive to the Tuscan countryside.
Vineyard excursions allow wine lovers to learn about Italian wine through a unique experience: meeting the winemakers at the estate, walking through the vineyards, learning about the grapes, and tasting the wine in the cellar.
Tuscany is home to many of the world’s finest wines and winemakers. This full day experience provides the wine enthusiast with an inside look at the art of wine making and the pride and devotion with which these individuals approach their work.
Departing from Florence with an expert local driver (and with a sommelier if desired) guests are accompanied on a drive through the rolling hills of Tuscany.
The first stop is at a boutique winery that only produces IGT (Indicazione Geografica Tipica) wines where participants tour the vineyards, winery and enjoy a wine tasting.
Lunch follows at a quaint local restaurant enjoying Tuscan cuisine. After a leisurely lunch, it is off to the next vineyard to explore, learn and taste before returning to Florence.
Full day experience
- Door to door service with expert sommelier to two of Tuscany’s finest vineyards.
- Our guided wine discovery introduces wine lovers to the native grape varieties and wine making styles of Tuscany–the region of which Florence is the capital–by seeing them up close, in the vineyard, with the wine producer.
- In between winery visits, participants enjoy lunch at a charming restaurant.
- The à la carte menu includes traditional local dishes that complement each wine. These may include seasonal appetizers, a plate of pasta, a main course, vegetable sides, dessert and coffee to finish the meal.
- Depending on the winery visited, wine orders can be shipped worldwide.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation to the vineyard can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Note: some parts of the vineyards may be muddy after rainfall.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up bottles at the winery.
- Winery visits operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen.
- Vineyard visits operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
This is a full day tour lasting 8 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 9:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
This will be the best decision you make for your vacation! Everything was so easy to schedule, and Casa Mia planned every detail to cater to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and it was the most magical day of all time.Kolene11USA