A city orientation walk with food tastings.
Florence, the capital of Tuscany, is a city whose history has paved the way for massive intellectual, artistic, and spiritual change.
The historical center of the city is a Unesco World Heritage Site and although it possesses amazing museums, Florence, itself, is a physical museum. From its stunning bridges that cross the Arno River, to the gorgeous cathedrals, and of course its romantic ambiance, Florence provides travellers with an intimate setting to learn, taste, and feel. The Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery are home to masterful works of art by Giotto, Brunelleschi, Botticelli and Michelangelo.
Join our expert guide through the magical streets of Florence to see the major sites, understand the rich history, and feel the vibrant artisan culture that still runs strong throughout this beautiful city.
What you'll be seeing and tasting
- This experience incorporates visits to iconic buildings such as the San Lorenzo Basilica, the Medici Riccardi Palace, the Chapel by Benozzo Gozzoli, and the Accademia Gallery.
- Strolling by the Duomo, the Cathedral, the Baptistry, and Bella Tower, guests learn about two of the most famous Florentine families; the Medici and Antinori.
- Continuing through the Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, and Piazzale Uffizi, and onto the picturesque Ponte Vecchio. Florence has endless sights to see, people to watch, and flavors to taste!
- This tour focuses on the must see landmarks of Florence, however it can be catered to your particular interests as well.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- We also suggest bringing something to cover your shoulders if you plan on entering churches.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am or 5:00 pm.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
This will be the best decision you make for your vacation! Everything was so easy to schedule, and Casa Mia planned every detail to cater to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and it was the most magical day of all time.Kolene11USA