A privately guided city orientation walk with food tastings.
Prepare to be transported back to the middle ages upon entering the awe inspiring Piazza Del Campo where the Palio, Siena’s famous horse race, commences twice a year.
Tuscany is one of the most visited regions in all of Italy, if not the world. Its vast, awe inspiring landscape, rich history, and delectable food and wine, bring travellers repeatedly, as once is just not enough.
Lovers of arts, architecture, history, or cuisine should not overlook the Renaissance masterpiece and UNESCO World Heritage Site that is Siena, with its innate charm, rich history, delectable recipes, and famous museums.
Our expert guides lead guests through the winding streets of Siena’s “contrade” districts, to the Palazzo Pubblico (Town Hall) which hosts artwork by Lorenzetti and Simone Martini, then onto the impressive Duomo which contains masterpieces by Michelangelo, Donatello, Pinturicchio, Lorenzo Ghiberti, and Bernini.
From the square of Salimbeni, to the historic Bank of Monte dei Paschi, to the Basilica of San Domenico, and the church of Santa Caterina, learn and taste all that is Siena through anecdotes and places that only locals know.
What you'll be experiencing
- This tour focuses on the must-see landmarks of Siena, and savoring representative food specialties.
- While strolling in the city, tastings may include the sweets of Siena (panforte, ricciarelli, cavallucci) and before that cured meats like finocchiona and Tuscan prosciutto, paired with a glass of wine.
- It would be our pleasure to customize an experience that would encapsulate more of a particular focus of yours.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- We also suggest bringing something to cover your shoulders if you plan on entering churches.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 3 hours
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for our cultural tours is 9:00 am or 5:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
This will be the best decision you make for your vacation! Everything was so easy to schedule, and Casa Mia planned every detail to cater to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and it was the most magical day of all time.Kolene11USA