A privately guided Vespa tour that covers city highlights and off-the-beaten-path areas that would otherwise take 4 days to visit.
Tours start at your residence and have you riding safely as passengers on the back of experienced Vespa drivers.
Your personal food expert guide also rides on a Vespa or a scooter, and leads you on a carefully developed itinerary, riding past monuments, panoramic view points and stopping for delicious food tastings along the way, at places that are not normally part of a walking food tour.
Foodies on Vespas are guided by local food experts who focus on showcasing only small, family-run food artisans, and who love creating friendly connections between travelers and locals.
On our chauffeured scooter safari, with an open-air view of the Eternal City, food lovers visit both traditional and modern foodie hotspots, acquiring insight into Rome’s alimentary habits as well as its evolving food culture.
What you'll be tasting
- On our Foodies on Vespas experience, hopping on and off the Vespas, guests sample delicious local specialties which may include pizza al taglio, espresso coffee, rare cheeses, cured meats, street food, gelato and wine.
- Itineraries are customized according to tastes and preferences.
Key Points to Consider
- For safety reasons, the minimum age requirement is 12 years; minimum height requirement is 150 cm (4’9″).
- In order to choose the best vehicle and driver for your tour, please inform us if anyone in your party weighs 250 lbs/110 kg or more
- Due to safety concerns, pregnant women are not permitted on Vespas. We can arrange the same itinerary with an alternate mode of transportation.
- Helmets are provided.
- We encourage wearing comfortable, loose fitting clothing since you will be hopping on and off the Vespa.
- Please do not wear flip flops or open-toe, strappy sandals.
- In summer we suggest wearing a light jacket/sweater and sunscreen.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 4 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am or 3:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA