A privately guided tasting tour featuring some of Rome’s best pizza and gelato.
You can never go wrong with pizza and gelato: two of Italy’s favorite foods.
During our pizza & gelato walk, food lovers guided by our local food expert, are introduced to the many faces of pizza in Rome, with all kinds of toppings as well as signature gelato flavors, in a fun collective experience for all ages.
On our leisurely passeggiata between tastings, we discuss the difference between thin-crust Roman style and classic Neapolitan pies, as well as share tips on where to find the best in town.
We also share tools to notice the differences between commercial and proper gelato, in order to consume only quality products.
Alternating between pizzas and cones or cups of gelato, guests come away with a deeper understanding of the wide variety offered in the Eternal City.
What you'll be tasting
- On this pizza & gelato stroll in Rome, participants visit anywhere from 3 to 5 different small, family-run businesses, sampling signature specials at each stop, and comparing styles and flavors.
- Rome is famous for its pizza alla pala and pizza in teglia, that is pizza baked in a wide variety of ways and toppings, and sold by weight.
- Furthermore, on this tour participants visit both traditional and last-generation modern gelaterias that change their selection frequently according to season, with innovative flavors sharing space with more classic flavors.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 4:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA