A privately guided walking tour of famous filming locations in Rome.
Our unique Cinema & Food walk introduces film and food lovers to the living, moving, film set that is Rome.
Engaging with thier personal guide–the granddaughter of world known filmmaker and 4-time Academy Award winner, Vittorio De Sica–guests discover beautiful spots of the Eternal City that over the years have been used as filming locations for famous movies. Think The Bicycle Thief, Roman Holiday, La Dolce Vita and more.
Guests walk to where famous scenes were filmed, learning where the directors lived and their favorite restaurants, meeting locals who knew the actors, and even some who played as extras on screen.
What you'll be tasting
- During our Rome cinema stroll, guests step into the silver screen fascination of old Rome, with culinary points that will include learning about–and tasting–the foods portrayed in some of these film history classics.
- Following in the footsteps of famous film stars, guests experience an insider’s point of view with their local expert, the descendant of one of Italy’s most famous filmmakers.
- This unique Rome cinema and food exploration ends seated in a charming trattoria for a curated lunch, tasting iconic Roman specialties and a few dishes portrayed in the movies filmed around the city.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 2 hours, plus lunch.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time is 10:00 am
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA