A privately guided food tour of Rome’s historic center.
Our historic center neighborhood passeggiata introduces food lovers to an area of Rome located within the Piazza Navona, Pantheon and Campo de’ Fiori triangle.
In this central part of the Eternal City, food lovers are guided by local food experts who focus on showcasing only small, family-run businesses, and who love creating friendly connections between travelers and locals.
During the walk guests taste delectable neighborhood specialties, savoring the local lifestyle, and learning about the area’s food traditions and trends.
Sweet and savory tasting adventures in Rome’s Centro Storico may end toasting to la dolce vita with a glass of wine or with a flight of craft beers
What you'll be tasting
- On this walking food exploration of Rome’s historic center, guests taste typical artisan specialties, like freshly roasted coffee, chocolate, pastries and pizza al taglio.
- We pride in keeping our guests well fed, so in addition, guests taste a selection of prime quality cured meats and cheese, typical Roman fried street food, gelato and many other characteristic local delights.
- Market visits are available in the morning.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- We also suggest bringing something to cover your shoulders if you plan on entering churches.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am or 4:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese and prosciutto store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA