A privately guided tasting tour of Rome’s street food.
In Rome’s growing street food scene there’s a strong impulse to evolve from the ubiquitous choice of portable snacks.
On our walking street food adventure, food lovers are guided by local food experts to Rome’s prominent cibo di strada destinations for a curated exploration of how the street food phenomenon has evolved in the course of the centuries, bringing the city to a superb level of quality and choice.
We focus on showcasing only small, family-run food artisans, and we love creating friendly connections between travelers and locals. All while tasting delectable street food specialties, now part of the city’s social tissue and lifestyle, and learning about ancient food traditions and modern trends.
What you'll be tasting
- Visiting the locations that define this street food evolution in Rome, guests taste representative preparations like supplì, and other fried delights like arancini, portable panini and pizza pockets filled with quintessential cucina romana, plus gelato, focaccia.
- Tours may end with a glass of either natural wine or craft beer inside a neighborhood farmer’s market buzzing with life and energy.
- Market visits are available in the morning.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- We also suggest bringing something to cover your shoulders if you plan on entering churches.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am or 4:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA