A privately guided food tour of Rome’s Trastevere neighborhood.
Trastevere, the bohemian “left bank” of Rome offers insight into the history of Roman cuisine with its local eateries and specialty stores that only insiders know how to find.
The Medieval-era Trastevere neighborhood is permeated by a charming small village vibe.
On this cultural eating adventure, food lovers are guided through the neighborhood’s alleys and piazzas by local food experts who focus on showcasing only small, family-run businesses, and who love creating friendly connections between travelers and locals.
During the walk guests taste delectable neighborhood specialties, learning about Trastevere’s captivating history, meeting the endearing local vendors and residents, and tasting their unique Roman specialties.
What you'll be tasting
- On this walking food exploration of Rome’s Trastevere neighborhood, guests taste local specialties such as pastries, gelato, pizza al taglio, espresso coffee, typical Roman fried street food, and many other characteristic local delights.
- Sweet and savory tasting adventures in Trastevere end with a leisurely tasting of prime quality cured meats and cheese, and a glass of wine in a local wine bar.
- Market visits are available in the morning.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- We also suggest bringing something to cover your shoulders if you plan on entering churches.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am or 4:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese and prosciutto store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA