A privately guided tour of the Pompeii archeological site, followed by lunch at a vineyard.
Travel through time with your knowledgeable local guide, exploring the astonishingly well-preserved archeological site.
Guests walk along the ancient roads, enter perfectly preserved private homes, and step into the shops, baths, and theaters where Romans lived 2,000 years ago.
Our knowldgeable guide will bring focus on everyday life and the complex social, political, and economic milieu in which Roman citizens lived in the resort town of Pompeii.
Following the 3-hour guided tour of the site, guests are escorted to a nearby winery for a leisurely stroll in the vineyards and wine tasting with lunch.
We can also arrange to extend this tour to include visiting Herculaneum, a smaller, wealthier city than middle-class Pompeii that met the same fate as its more famous neighbor.
What you'll experience
- Access ancient roads, perfectly preserved private homes, shops and other buildings that illustrate what everyday life was like in Pompeii
- Skip the line priority access with preferential tickets
- Tours led by licensed guides only
- Fast and easy reservation
- After the Pompeii tour, and following a short stroll in the vineyard, guests sit down for a wine tasting lunch at the winery.
- The meal is composed of a rich antipasto of assorted bruschettas, rustic savory pies, cheese, cured meats; followed by a plate of pasta, and ending with dessert.
- Dishes are paired to 4-5 wines including prosecco.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable non-slip walking shoes are recommended.
- Note: some parts of the archeological dig may be muddy after rainfall.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up bottles at the winery.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a reusable water bottle.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
This is a full day tour (8 hours).
Suggested start time for this experience is 9:00
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia has made my time in Italy so much more interesting than I ever thought it could be. They are reasonably priced considering the quality of services they offer and modify outings to match their clients needs and interests.Cherrie_1715USA