A day trip in the Emilia-Romagna countryside, visiting wineries, tasting Lambrusco wine.
The best way to taste and understand wine is from the source. Our guided vineyard discovery takes wine lovers away from the city on a beautiful drive to the countryside outside Parma.
Emilia-Romagna is home to one of the world’s most underappreciated wines, Lambrusco. This sparkling red wine has a long rich history, yet has not received the attention that its Italian brethren have.
Vineyard excursions allow wine lovers to learn about Italian wine through a unique experience: meeting the winemakers at the estate, walking through the vineyards, learning about the grapes, and tasting the wine in the cellar.
This experience provides wine lovers with an inside look at the art of wine making and the pride and devotion with which these individuals approach their work.
In between winery visits, guests enjoy lunch at a quaint local restaurant enjoying local cuisine.
What you'll be tasting
- Door to door service to two of Emilia-Romagna’s boutique Lambrusco vineyards as well as lunch at a trattoria featuring locally sourced regional ingredients.
- Our guided wine discovery introduces wine lovers to Lambrusco by walking in the vineyards with the wine producer.
- In between winery visits, guests enjoy lunch at a charming, family-run trattoria.
- The tasting menu includes traditional local dishes that complement each wine. These include seasonal appetizers, a plate of pasta, a main course, vegetable sides, dessert and coffee to finish the meal.
- Depending on the winery visited, wine orders can be shipped worldwide.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation to the vineyard can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Note: some parts of the vineyards may be muddy after rainfall.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up bottles at the winery.
- Winery visits operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen.
- Vineyard visits operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
This is a full day tour (8 hours).
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 9:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia far exceeded our expectations. They immediately responded to our questions and set up everything perfectly. When the tours were over, we all felt we were saying goodbye to old friends. We highly recommend them and definitely plan to use them for our future trips to Italy.volkllUSA