A city orientation walk spanning all corners of the city, with food tastings to boot.
While viewing the sites, learn the history and culture of this enchanting city as only a local can provide, while savoring local specialties.
Bologna is the capital and largest city in the Emilia-Romagna region and truly one of Italy’s most exquisite and diverse destinations.
Home to the oldest and continually operating university in the western world, Bologna possess the charm of a university town with deep historical significance.
The cuisine of Bologna is deeply rooted in tradition and authenticity; bolognese, tortellini, lasagna, mortadella to name a few.
Due to its educational prowess, gastronomic delights, and political history, Bologna has received the nicknames La Dotta, (the learned), La Grassa, (the fat), and La Rossa (the red, for its socialist inclination).
The architecturally distinctive porticoes adorn this city weaving visitors through rolling piazzas and its iconic towers. This capital city has many must see landmarks that are highlighted on this tour which may include the University of Bologna, the Basilica of San Petronio, monuments, and much more.
Not simply a visual experience this cultural stroll instead incorporates all the senses.
What you'll experience
- This all encompassing tour brings guests through the entire city focusing on its major architectural gifts which may include the unfinished Basilica of San Petronio, the mystifying leaning towers, and of course the oldest university in the western world.
- The intimate details of Bologna, its secrets and stories are revealed throughout the privately guided tour, introducing tastings of representative foods such as traditional cured meats like mortadella, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, stuffed pasta, gelato and wine.
- Not only do travellers learn of the history of Bologna but also of the fascinating facts and stories that only the locals can share.
- Upon request, this tour can be extended to full-day duration.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of this tour is 4 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia far exceeded our expectations. They immediately responded to our questions and set up everything perfectly. When the tours were over, we all felt we were saying goodbye to old friends. We highly recommend them and definitely plan to use them for our future trips to Italy.volkllUSA