A privately guided food tour of Florence’s markets and food shops.
While viewing the sites, learn the history and culture of this enchanting Tuscan capital as only a local can provide, while savoring local specialties.
Food lovers visit the city’s most representative markets, like the Mercato di San Lorenzo, the classic Sant’Ambrogio market and others, meeting vegetable and fruit vendors, butchers, and bakers.
On this experience, food lovers are guided by local food experts who focus on showcasing only small, family-run businesses, and who love creating friendly connections between travelers and locals. All while tasting delectable Tuscan specialties, savoring the local lifestyle, and learning about the region’s food traditions and trends.
What you'll be tasting
- On this exclusive exploration of Florence’s tasty spots, food lovers taste regional specialties like finocchiona (fennel-scented salami), schiacciata (local flatbread) or castagnaccio–a chestnut and rosemary cake.
- After the market, there’s a chance to visit small and lesser known shops nearby for Tuscan treats like Pecorino di Pienza cheese and wild boar salami.
- The adventure may end toasting with a glass of Montepulciano or Vernaccia wine paired with a sourdough crostone topped with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh pecorino and olives.
- For those with a sweet tooth gelato, chocolate or cantucci almond cookies are an alternative.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- We also suggest bringing something to cover your shoulders if you plan on entering churches.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 2.5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
This will be the best decision you make for your vacation! Everything was so easy to schedule, and Casa Mia planned every detail to cater to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and it was the most magical day of all time.Kolene11USA