A privately taught pizza making workshop in Naples.
The enchanting city of Naples is synonymous with pizza. On this privately guided pizza making lesson, guests visit a vibrant area of the city with a food expert who provides an overview of Neapolitan cuisine, introducing food lovers to some of the city’s signature delights such as frittura napoletana, mozzarella and taralli.
The fun continues at a famous Neapolitan pizzeria where, under the instruction of a professional pizzaiolo, food lovers can roll up their sleeves and try their hand at preparing their very own pizza.
Naples is the birthplace of pizza and the process to prepare and bake pizza napoletana is listed by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage.
Aside from the local ingredients, the skill of working the dough, leavening and baking procedures are exclusive to a select number of pizzaioli in Naples.
The professional pizza maker will share precious information on the history of pizza, how this is prepared, the ingredients needed and how to roll, stretch and top the pies, for a personalized hands-on pizza lesson.
Last, but certainly not least, at the end of the class, guests pull up a seat at the table, and tuck in.
of this experience
- Walk with a local food expert, tasting along the way some of the city’s signature delights such as frittura napoletana, mozzarella and taralli.
- Learn how to make authentic pizza napoletana with a certified pizzaiolo.
- Learn the tricks to make a perfect pie back home.
- Each guest makes one or more pizzas, enjoyed for lunch.
Key Points to Consider
- Note: We can accommodate a maximum of 5 people due to the size of the kitchen.
- Aprons will be provided by the pizza chef.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the experience is 3-3.5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 9:30 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia Tours helped us fall in love with Naples! It was like wandering through the city with a friend, pausing here and there to learn a bit about the history, traditions and customs of the city and of course eating all the wonderful food. As it was a private tour we could do and go wherever we fancied and we loved it!AliwalsUK