A professionally led private wine tasting in Naples.
Each Italian wine region has its own character. And with so many variables, often it can be daunting to choose the best Italian wine.
Our wine tasting adventure, set in one or several Napoli wine bars, allows wine lovers to sip, acquire and discuss the importance of food and wine pairings.
A certified sommelier provides an overview of the history of winemaking and the basics of production – from grape harvest to bottling – highlighting the characteristics of different grape varieties, regions and wine producers.
In pairing a selection of wines with appetizers, participants will have a chance to explore 5 wines made in the region of Campania including Aglianico which has been dubbed the Barolo of the South and compare them to other Italian wines.
By the end of the night, everyone will feel confident describing their ideal wine, selecting it, and tackling an Italian wine list!
- Our Vino 101 is led by a local certified sommelier and includes a tasting of 5 to 6 wines and appetizers like olives, cheese and cured meats.
- We can adjust the wine tasting depending on the level of knowledge of our guests.
- We’re happy to take custom requests should participants be interested in exploring wines of a specific region, or have a preference towards all reds, all whites, a particular grape, and so forth. We can design the wine tasting accordingly.
- Special requests for important bottles such as Amarone, Barolo or Franciacorta can be furthermore arranged for an additional cost.
Key Points to Consider
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tasting is 2.5-3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this experience is 11:30 am or 5:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia Tours helped us fall in love with Naples! It was like wandering through the city with a friend, pausing here and there to learn a bit about the history, traditions and customs of the city and of course eating all the wonderful food. As it was a private tour we could do and go wherever we fancied and we loved it!AliwalsUK