A day trip in the Roman countryside, visiting wineries.
The best way to taste and understand wine is from the source. Our guided vineyard discovery takes wine lovers away from the city on a beautiful drive to the Roman countryside.
Our exclusive vineyard excursions allow wine lovers to learn about Italian wine through a unique experience: meeting the winemakers at the estate, walking through the vineyards, learning about the grapes, and tasting the wine in the cellar.
After the guided winery visit, guests visit a nearby village in the heart of the Roman wine country, where a full lunch with wine pairings is led by their certified sommelier/guide.
What you'll be tasting
- Our guided wine discovery introduces wine lovers to the native grape varieties and wine making styles of Lazio–the region of which Rome is the capital–by seeing them up close, in the vineyard, with the wine producer.
- After the winery visit, participants enjoy lunch at a charming, family-run restaurant.
- The tasting menu includes creative and traditional local dishes that complement each wine. These are seasonal appetizers, a plate of pasta, a main course, vegetable sides, dessert and espresso coffee to finish the meal.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation to the vineyard can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Note: some parts of the vineyards may be muddy after rainfall.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up bottles at the winery.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen.
- Vineyard visits operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Depending on the winery visited, wine orders can be shipped worldwide.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
This is a full day tour (8 hours).
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 9:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA