A professionally led cooking class held in a private home in Rome.
To delve deep into the local culture, there’s nothing quite like cooking in someone’s home.
Guests meet their chef at the outdoor food market, where they can source ingredients for their hands-on cucina romana cooking lesson.
After chatting with the local vendors and picking up ingredients for the recipes, our trusted personal chef takes guests back to the kitchen for a private cooking lesson.
Guests are welcomed with a coffee before tying on aprons to start their special cooking lesson at their trained chef’s beautiful home. Menus are based on family recipes, traditional Roman cuisine, and local specialties.
Cooking class students can experience a “hands-on” approach, or they can just watch, if preferred. There are snacks and wine for everyone throughout the lesson, and classes culminate with a full meal.
What you'll be cooking
- The recipes prepared together and enjoyed at the end of the class span classic cucina romana pasta dishes like amatriciana, cacio e pepe or carbonara.
- Our cook also introduces participants to the cooking of seasonal vegetables like artichokes, puntarelle and other typically local produce.
- Main courses may feature Roman classics like saltimbocca, involtini or scaloppine.
- And of course, there’s also dessert.
Key Points to Consider
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at the market.
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 4.5-5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA