A pizza and dessert cooking lesson in Rome.
Learn the tricks to becoming an expert pizza maker in our private Pizza and Dolce making class, and then reward yourself with dessert!
Our Casa Mia trained chef teaches students how to mix, knead and roll out pizza dough; shares tips on how to top the pizzas with fresh local ingredients, plus demonstrates baking techniques that can be easily replicated at home.
Eating the homemade pies is not the only perk: guests also make a classic Italian dessert, like tiramisu or gelato.
At the end of the class, students and chef enjoy a convivial meal together, savoring the pizza and dolce prepared together.
What you'll be cooking
- During our Pizza & Dolce cooking lesson, guests create homemade pizzas and focaccia that can be easily replicated at home.
- Toppings vary depending on the season and ingredient availability, and may include artichokes or zucchini flowers, cheese & tomato, radicchio and walnuts, to mention a few.
- Desserts prepared together are also seasonal and span classic tiramisu, panna cotta or delectable crostata ricotta e visciole (ricotta and wild cherry tart).
- After the hands-on lesson, guests and cook enjoy the dishes they created together.
Key Points to Consider
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Our Pizza & Dolce making lesson can be offered at lunch or dinner time, depending on guests’ travel schedules.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 3.5-4 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am or 4:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA