A privately led wine and cheese tasting.
Cheese and wine, need we say more? Italians never drink wine without food, and the pairing of wine with cheese is a perfect way to honor that delicious decree.
Living in or visiting Italy means that you are spoiled for choice when it comes to indulging in mind-blowing wine and cheese.
With world-class wine regions and top notch cheese-producing areas, mouth watering nibble-and-swirl tastings are the best way to explore and learn more about Italy’s rich biodiversity.
How would you like to spend a relaxing evening in the company of an Italian cheese expert and a sommelier, learning and tasting your way through a cheese and wine pairing degustation?
Pairing cheese and wine may appear simple, but cheeses vary in moisture content, fat content, texture, flavor. Wines, too, vary in acidity, sweetness, body, and structure.
Your hosts share basic guidelines for wine and cheese matchmaking, and offer a little background for each tasted and poured product, and why when coupled, the two go so well together.
What you'll be tasting
- This seated tasting is held in a centrally located pro-local cheese “temple.”
- Here guests taste a range of cow’s–, sheep’s–, buffalo– and goat’s milk cheeses made in as many different styles (bloomy or washed rind, cave-aged, blue, etc.), served with freshly baked focaccia and other accoutrements.
- The cheeses are paired to 3 to 5 different regional wines to create the perfect balance on the palate.
Key Points to Consider
- Some of the cheese tasted may be produced with EU regulation approved raw milk.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tasting is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this experience is 4:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour of Rome. We visited a neighborhood food market and several local food merchants, including a bakery, a pizza place, and a cheese store. Our guide was very knowledgeable about food, history, and traditions. Highly recommended!Poland221USA