A professionally led cooking class with a local in a stunning location.
To delve deep into the local culture, there’s nothing quite like cooking with a local.
Guests meet their chef at the market, where they can source ingredients for their hands-on cucina siciliana cooking lesson. After chatting with the local vendors and picking up ingredients for the recipes, our local chef takes guests back to the kitchen for a private cooking lesson.
Back in the kitchen, students can experience a ‘hands-on’ approach or they can just watch, if preferred. Recipes span classic Sicilian dishes like pasta con le sarde, pasta alla Norma or pesto alla Trapanese.
The chef furthermore introduces participants to the cooking of seasonal vegetables like eggplant, tenerumi and other typically local produce, plus entrées like scabbardfish involtini or vegetarian braised cauliflower, and of course Sicilian dessert.
There are snacks and sparkling wine for everyone throughout the lesson, and classes culminate with a full traditional meal.
Our cooking class gives food lovers the chance to prepare and eat a traditional Sicilian meal. Menus are seasonal, geared for the home cook and designed to suit all dietary requests. The atmosphere is relaxed and convivial.
- Learn to cook classic Sicilian recipes in the heart of Catania’s city center.
- Menus are seasonal and dishes prepared include an appetizer, a pasta dish, an entrée, a side dish and dessert.
- Wine is generously poured during the lesson and lunch.
- Lessons can be held in either English or Italian.
Key Points to Consider
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at the market.
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA