A day trip in the Sicilian countryside, visiting wineries, tasting wines.
The best way to taste and understand wine is from the source. Our guided vineyard discovery takes wine lovers away from the city on a beautiful drive to the countryside.
Vineyard excursions allow wine lovers to learn about Italian wine through a unique experience: meeting the winemakers at the estate, walking through the vineyards, learning about the grapes, and tasting the wine in the cellar.
The volcanic soils of Mount Etna, located between Catania and Taormina, support a thriving agriculture with lush vineyards and orchards spread across its cultivated slopes. Some of the most interesting wines being produced in Italy today are made in that very fertile area surrounding the volcano.
Our Etna Vineyard Discovery experience introduces wine lovers to some of the area’s pre-eminent winemakers, with the opportunity to taste the wines, explore vineyards, compare styles, and learn about the region’s history, grapes and extraordinary winemaking traditions.
- Concluding this wine tasting adventure, is a full lunch enjoyed in a nearby vineyard cantina or in the country home of one of our winemakers, pairing the previously explored wines to a typical homemade Sicilian meal.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- We also suggest bringing something to cover your shoulders if you plan on entering churches.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
This is a full day tour (8 hours).
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 9:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA