A professionally led cooking class held in a private home in Palermo.
Jump into the kitchen and learn about Sicilian cuisine the best way possible: with a hands-on cooking lesson in a local’s home.
Guests are welcomed with a coffee or aperitivo to get the lesson started. The menu is created with local ingredients, seasonal vegetables and fresh meat, fish and cheeses.
Casual and fun cooking classes are taught in English with a knowledgeable local cook who will make guests feel welcome like they would in their home kitchen. The class prepares a 3-course meal in a professionally equipped home kitchen.
The cooking lesson ends with a full meal created together, paired with Sicilian wine, bread, and local extra virgin olive oil.
- The class prepares a 3-course meal in a professionally equipped home kitchen.
- Dishes prepared with your Casa Mia chef may feature typical chickpea panelle fritters, swordfish meatballs, eggplant caponata, arancine, Palermo’s fabulous rice balls, sfincione which is a delicious Palermitan pizza, pasta with sardines, and pistachio or almond desserts.
Key Points to Consider
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at the market.
- Aprons are provided by the cook.
- Guests can keep copies of printed recipes.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the class is 4.5-5 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am.
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA