A day trip in the Sicilian countryside, visiting a winery, enjoying lunch at a nearby farm.
One hour southwest of Palermo is the countryside town of Camporeale. For a small town of under 4,000 inhabitants, the fertile landscape is home to ten wineries.
Guests visit a top local winery in the DOC Monreale territory for a tour and tasting of native and international grape varieties from the region.
After a walk through the vineyards, their host will explain through a guided tasting what types of grapes grow very well in this area such as Grillo, Inzolia and Syrah.
Casa Mia guests then head over to a nearby countryside home for lunch with a local.
Refreshments will be served upon arrival in the beautiful country courtyard. The local chef will create a seasonal Sicilian menu paired with wine from the area.
The multi-course meal will be served at lunchtime and guests will have the opportunity to chat with the chef about living in Sicily and how the seasons reflect the cuisine throughout the year.
- Menus are seasonal and dishes prepared include an appetizer, a pasta dish, a main course, a side dish and dessert.
- Typical dishes that could be included during this meal are pork sausage with wild fennel seeds, local olive oil and cheeses, seasonal salads, Sicilian pastas, homemade pastries and fresh baked bread made from ancient grains.
- Wine is generously poured during lunch.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation to the vineyard can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Note: some parts of the vineyards may be muddy after rainfall.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up bottles at the winery.
- Winery visits operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen.
- Vineyard visits operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
3 hours from the meeting point
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA