A privately guided food tour of Palermo’s two most important markets.
This experience introduces food lovers to two of the most ancient and characteristic markets in Palermo.
Among hollering vendors, buzzing activity, vibrant colors and delicious aromas, guests have the opportunity to chat with friendly and trusted purveyors, and experience Sicilian food culture by observing (and tasting!) the products of local fishmongers, farm-to-market produce sellers, street food kiosk owners, charcuterie vendors, and bakers.
Our knowledgeable local guide talks about the meaning of eating seasonally and how Sicilian cuisine is connected to fresh produce and traditions while pointing out some stunning city sites along the way.
The market stroll may finish off with a fantastic coffee and artisanal pastries, gelato or a glass of local wine.
- As guests are safely guided through the market, tasty samples may include sfincione (a super-topped thick Palermitan pizza), arancini (fried risotto croquettes), panelle (chickpea flour fritters), and for the brave, pani ca’ meusa (spleen sandwiches), stingghiole (skewers of sheep, goat or veal intestines) and much more.
- The market stroll may finish off with a fantastic coffee and artisanal pastries, gelato or a glass of local wine.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 10:00 am
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA