A professionally led private wine tasting in Palermo.
Each Italian wine region has its own character. And with so many variables, often it can be daunting to choose the best Italian wine.
As an introduction to Sicilian wines, guests experience the variety and richness of this exquisite island.
According to legend, Dionysus was the God who brought pleasure to mankind, and wine to Sicily, thus creating a wine-lover’s paradise for variety, complexity and abundance.
This professionally led wine tasting adventure, set in one or two Palermo wine bars, allows wine lovers to sip, acquire and discuss the elements of food and wine pairing.
Our sommelier provides an overview of the history of winemaking and the basics of production, highlighting local grape varieties, regional characteristics and individual wine producers.
In pairing a selection of 5 to 7 wines with appetizers, wine lovers will have a chance to explore Sicily and learn about the spectrum of Sicilian wines.
By the end of the night, participants are able to describe their ideal wine, select it, and tackle an Italian wine list!
- Our Vino 101 is led by a local certified sommelier and includes a tasting of 5 to 7 wines and appetizers like olives, cheese and cured meats.
- We can adjust the wine tasting depending on the level of knowledge of our guests.
- We’re happy to take custom requests should participants be interested in exploring wines of a specific part of Sicily, or have a preference towards all reds, all whites, a particular grape, etc., and we can design the wine tasting accordingly.
- Special requests for important bottles such as Amarone, Barolo or Franciacorta can be furthermore arranged for an additional cost.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tasting is 2.5-3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this experience is 5:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
We reached out to Casa Mia Tours at the last minute the morning our ship docked in Sicily. Within a few hours they arranged a Sicilian cooking lesson and dinner for us. We had such a wonderful experience.MiamiShelUSA