The holiday season is just around the corner. Many of us have presents to buy.
What gifts to get the favorite people in your life? Let us help you. We’ve curated a holiday gift guide with presents we ourselves would love to receive.
Whether you’re looking for stocking stuffers, thoughts for distant relatives, or the blow-out impressive gift for your significant other, Casa Mia has you covered. With our own passions in mind we decided to compile a personally curated holiday gift guide, choosing this year’s theme with the environment in mind. The joy of gift-giving AND helping the planet. Win win.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Outdoor Pizza Oven
As true Italian pizza lovers, we adore this wood pellet-powered outdoor pizza oven. It’s ideal for Neapolitan-style pies, as well as for roasting Fiorentina steaks, fish, lamb chops, burgers, salmon, vegetable dishes and so much more.
- Planet-friendly because: Pellet wood is a more eco-friendly alternative to non-renewable fossil fuel such as oil, coal and propane gas.
Cutting Board Set
This set of 3 cutting boards is not only durable, but also very beautiful. They can double as cheese platters for your holiday get-togethers. Plus bamboo is antimicrobial and a stronger, natural alternative to wood. It’s easy on knife blades, too!
- Planet-friendly because: Bamboo is one of the most renewable resources in the world.
Italians have gelato year round. With this compact gelato maker you too can make delicious Italian-style gelato and fill holiday cones with homemade nocciola, cioccolata and fragola flavors. Forget the industrial-style gelato you’ve tasted until now.
- Planet-friendly because: Making homemade gelato reduces the consumption of water in the process of preparation.
Insulated Oven Dish Carrier
Pie-bakers and generous potluck participants will swoon for this brilliant heatproof lasagna lugger. It’s expandable and insulated to keep foods warm and fits 11” x 15” baking vessel, straight from the oven.
- Planet-friendly because: It reduces the use of single-use aluminum trays.
Espresso On The Go
The perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life. Having the option of drinking espresso anywhere you go sounds somewhat magical, doesn’t it? This portable espresso machine makes those dreams a reality. Just add boiling water, pump a few strokes to pressurize and extract perfect espresso with generous crema!
- Planet-friendly because: No battery or electricity needed, produces no plastic/pod packaging waste.
Flip-Top Glass Bottles
Glass bottles with stoppers can be used to store a vast array of liquids: juices, vinegar, beverages and water, olive oil, beer, wine, limoncello, milk and much more. The 1-liter size gives plenty to serve at the next holiday party. By gifting these reusable glass bottles you’re helping cut down the use of single-use plastic.
- Planet-friendly because: By gifting these reusable glass bottles you’re helping cut down the use of single-use plastic.
Virtual Cooking & Wine Tasting Lessons
Our #whatscooking classes and wine tastings are available virtually. This means you can gift the Italian food & wine lovers in your life lessons to craft authentic tortellini, ossobuco and tiramisu along with us as their instructors, from the comfort of their kitchen.
- Planet-friendly because: Lessons are mindful of seasonality and food waste.
The Roscioli Wine Club
Roscioli–famous for offering some of the best Italian food and drink in the Eternal City–has launched an Italian wine club that delivers organic Italian wine directly to a loved one’s doorstep. Order now while they are shipping their Fall 2021 collections and you can save €25 (approximately $30) on your first payment using the code CASAMIA at checkout! They’ll also issue you a Gift Certificate if you are purchasing for a friend or loved-one!
- Planet-friendly because: By supporting a small independent business like Roscioli, you get a different kind of care and quality in their product selection, consequently helping small winemakers.