A privately curated meal in the company of a local food expert.
On this exclusive dining experience, guests enjoy a lunch or dinner in a charming Florence trattoria in the company of their local food expert who can answer any questions and chat about eating well in the city of Dante.
Food is a major aspect of Italian life and eating out is a cultural expression of that lifestyle. Italians are proud of their cuisine, and it’s important to understand the dining culture when eating al ristorante in order to make the best of this unique experience.
Learning about the local culinary tradition and eating out in Italy is essential to make the most out of your travels. There’s no better way to do it than sitting at the table with a local.
This unique opportunity allows guests to learn about Florence in a relaxing and delicious environment.
What you'll experience
- Our local dining experiences always take place in trusted restaurants, enjoying traditional Florentine dishes and family recipes paired with wine.
- The menu changes depending on the season and personal taste.
- A typical meal may include antipasti, pasta, a main course, dessert, coffee and wine.
- Appetizers may feature local flavors such as coccoli (fried dough), stracchino (soft-ripened cheese), salvia e fiori fritti (battered and fried sage and zucchini flowers), prosciutto or finocchiona (fennel-scented salami); and fresh pastas such as pici with hearty ragout, or bread-based Tuscan soups such as ribollita (Tuscan kale and cannellini) or pappa al pomodoro.
- Wine pairings may feature bottles from small organic and biodynamic Italian wine makers.
Key Points to Consider
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the experience is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time is 12:30 pm for lunch, and 7:30 pm for dinner
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
This will be the best decision you make for your vacation! Everything was so easy to schedule, and Casa Mia planned every detail to cater to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and it was the most magical day of all time.Kolene11USA