A professionally led private wine tasting in Florence.
Each Italian wine region has its own character with so many variables that it is fascinating to learn what distinguishes one from the other.
The rolling hills of Tuscany are world famous as one of the most important wine making areas in Italy. Set in several Florence wine bars, our Vino 101 tasting allows wine lovers to sip, acquire and understand – in a relaxed environment – the nuances of different wines and the importance of food & wine pairings.
A wine expert provides an overview of local winemaking with lively discussion about production method, local grape varieties and wine culture in general, to better understand why these elements are essential to the taste and fragrance of each bottle.
By the end of the evening guests’ deeper understanding of Italian wines is guaranteed to help better describe, discern and select the wine most suitable to their tastes.
What you'll be tasting
- Our Vino 101 is led by a local certified sommelier and includes a tasting of 5 to 6 wines and appetizers like olives, cheese and cured meats.
- We can adjust the wine tasting depending on the level of knowledge of our guests.
- We’re happy to take custom requests should participants be interested in exploring wines of a specific region, or have a preference towards all reds, all whites, a particular grape, etc., and we can design the wine tasting accordingly.
- Special requests for important bottles such as Amarone, Barolo or Franciacorta can be furthermore arranged for an additional cost.
Key Points to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- We also suggest bringing something to cover your shoulders if you plan on entering churches.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tasting is 3 hours
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for the tasting is 5:00 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
This will be the best decision you make for your vacation! Everything was so easy to schedule, and Casa Mia planned every detail to cater to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and it was the most magical day of all time.Kolene11USA