A privately curated meal in the company of a local food expert.
Guided by a local expert, guests weave through the alleys of Naples, browsing food shops or markets before enjoying lunch or dinner at some of the city’s acclaimed cucina napoletana restaurants.
Food is a major aspect of Italian life and eating out is a cultural expression of that lifestyle. This is an experience not to be taken lightly.
Italians are proud of their cuisine, and it’s important to understand the dining culture when eating al ristorante in order to make the best of the experience.
Learning about local culinary tradition and eating out in Italy is essential to make the most out of your travels. There’s no better way to do this than sitting at the table with a local.
What you'll experience
- Our local dining experiences take place in trusted restaurants, enjoying Neapolitan dishes and family recipes paired with wine.
- The menu changes depending on the season and personal taste.
- A typical meal includes appetizers, pasta, a main course, dessert, coffee and wine.
- Menus may feature appetizers such as montanara and pasta cresciuta (fried pizza dough), pasta like ziti alla genovese (pasta with slow cooked meat and onions) or pasta e patate (pasta and potato soup).
- Entrées may include braciole (braised beef wraps), polpo (octopus), eggplant parmesan or baccalà (salted cod).
- Wine is enjoyed throughout the meal.
Key Points to Consider
- Custom menus for special occasions can be designed in advance.
Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Special bottles of wine, like Franciacorta, Amarone or Barolo, can be requested for an additional cost
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions
The length of the experience is 3 hours.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this experience is 11:00 am or 7:30 pm
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia Tours helped us fall in love with Naples! It was like wandering through the city with a friend, pausing here and there to learn a bit about the history, traditions and customs of the city and of course eating all the wonderful food. As it was a private tour we could do and go wherever we fancied and we loved it!AliwalsUK