A day trip outside Parma, visiting producers, tasting exquisite regional foods.
This full day tour takes the flavor enthusiast out of Parma and into the neighboring flatlands to experience tastes innate to the region.
The region of Emilia-Romagna is home to more origin protected food than any other region in Italy. Think Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma, and various other cured pork meats.
Local producers work with great pride to honor and preserve these ancient traditions which are specific and innate to this region. It is with great warmth that these artisans welcome travellers to experience their world.
The day starts with investigating the legendary Parmigiano Reggiano. At a local dairy, a privately guided tour looks in depth at the steps of creating this essential component of Italian cuisine. Tastings are a must!
Next, food lovers explore the hidden gem of the Po River Valley, Culatello. Guests are welcomed and introduced to culatello by a local producer.
Now that the appetite has been sparked, the tour continues to one of the finest wineries in the flatlands. Local specialities are complemented by wines hand chosen by the winemaker.
It is an intimate gathering where all the flavors of the day unite. The tour can end here, or the option to walk off what was consumed by exploring the Fontanellato castle and its medieval village is also available. It is a beautiful way to bring the day to proper end.
What you'll be tasting
- Exploring the world of culatello truly sets this tour apart from others.
- The history, production, and taste of culatello is a must experience if you are in this area.
- The additional experience of learning about (and tasting) Parmigiano Reggiano and prominent wines creates a unique and well balanced itinerary.
- Although not mandatory, visiting the Fontanellato castle and medieval village captures the essence of the day.
Key Points to Consider
- Private transportation can be arranged upon request.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a small reusable shopping bag to pick up treats at food stops.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- In summer we suggest wearing a hat and sunscreen, and carrying a small reusable water bottle.
- Please notify us in advance of any food allergies and aversions.
The length of the tour is 7.5 hours.
9 hours with Fontanellato castle extension.
Start time is flexible, suggested start time for this tour is 9:00 am
Get in touch with us today with any questions you have about this tour:
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Any information you provide whilst speaking to us will only be used in accordance with our Privacy & Legal Policy, and will not be used for marketing or passed to any third parties without your clear and prior consent. If you have any questions about how we manage your information, please contact us.
Casa Mia far exceeded our expectations. They immediately responded to our questions and set up everything perfectly. When the tours were over, we all felt we were saying goodbye to old friends. We highly recommend them and definitely plan to use them for our future trips to Italy.volkllUSA